Hershey is a census-designated place (CDP) in Pennsylvania. People like exploring the region with their families. With best things to do in Hershey, PA, it allows you to fully immerse yourself in the best. In general, the activities available here are best suited to young and energetic tourists. Several museums retell the town’s history. This community is known for being welcoming and friendly to tourists. This CDP is located in Dauphin County, specifically in Derry Township. It is well known as the headquarters of the Hershey Company. This enjoyable community is just 14 miles from Harrisburg. The Hershey Company is a multinational chocolate company. It is well-known for manufacturing Hershey’s Kisses and Hershey’s Bar. So, for kids too, it is a remarkable place to visit and explore.
Know What To Do in Hershey PA (Pennsylvania)
Hershey, Pennsylvania, is known as the “chocolate town.” Aside from sweet delicacies, there are other entertaining activities for guests. People from nearby cities travel here to experience enjoyable amusement parks.
This town boasts an abundance of exciting activities. Many cafes and restaurants provide traditional Pennsylvanian cuisine. Aside from thrilling rides, you will get the opportunity to visit museums, galleries, and local art.
Major outdoor natural attractions can be found just outside of town. These places to visit give you a good idea of what to expect from Hershey.
1. Thrilling Rides and Fun Time at Hersheypark
Hersheypark is one of the best places you can explore in this CDP. During the spring, you may get a taste of the summer fun here. Enjoy over 50 rides and meet your favorite Hershey’s SM characters throughout your tour. You can also attend the terrifying “Dark Nights.”
- It is indeed a terrifying haunted house experience because there are four spine-chilling places.
- There are three haunted zones for more fun.
- They even offer food and drinks for a limited time.
- To round up your tip, visit the Chocolatier, Milton’s Ice Cream Parlor, or the Sweeterie Confectionery Kitchen.
- In Hershey’s Chocolate Town, the fastest, tallest, and longest ride is Candymonium.
- Make sure you ride the exciting rides.
Address: 100 Hersheypark Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
2. Immersive Experience for Families at ZooAmerica
Among the best-known North American wildlife parks, ZooAmerica attracts visitors all year round. It is an extension of Hersheypark, covering an area of nearly 11 acres. The zoo offers many guided tours for an engaging experience throughout the year. Endangered species tours, early bird tours, and photography are all among the guided walks here.
Here you may view several species of animals, like
- American alligator
- American marten
- Grey wolf
- Black bear
- River otter
- White-tailed deer
There is a gift shop and seasonal refreshment service available. Picnic meals are permitted. As a result, it is an excellent Hershey, PA, attraction for families.
Address: 201 Park Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
3. Spend Some Time at Hershey Garden Amidst Beautiful Flowers
Hershey Garden first began its operations in 1937. Over the past 80 years, the tiny rose garden has grown into a botanical wonderland. It offers tourists a wide range of unique activities and rewarding experiences.
The garden has a magnificent array of flowers and plants, as well as a towering selection of rare and iconic trees. It conducts a variety of programs regularly to amuse guests of all ages.
Enjoy the beauty and diversity of their seasonal displays and 11 theme gardens. It includes an immersive Children’s Garden, the Butterfly Atrium, and much more.
Address: 170 Hotel Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
4. The Hershey Story Museum
The highlights of the Hershey Story Museum are fascinating museum displays that recount the stories of Milton S. Hershey and the community. Several interactive experiences have been designed for individuals, families, and children.
Their attraction showcases Milton. S heritage with permanent displays and periodic special exhibitions.
- Visitors may learn how to create chocolate in the Chocolate Lab.
- This is a fun session where you can get your hands dirty and have a good time.
- The family attraction also includes an immersive experience that is ideal for children.
- The “I Spy” game and Apprentice Program are unique ways to engage young ones.
Address: 63 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
5. Automobile Enthusiast Love AACA Museum
In Hershey, the AACA Museum is committed to the maintenance and exhibition of automobile history. They are dedicated to educating and entertaining visitors. The museum welcomes visitors of all ages and has notable exhibitions as well as an evolving permanent collection.
You will find interactive educational exhibits, iconic and rare automobiles, and family-friendly activities.
- Visit the “From Roads to Rails” exhibit to learn about the town’s transportation history.
- The fun prototype of Hershey’s Kissmobile Cruiser is fun for kids.
- They occasionally create one-of-a-kind events and experiences.
- Check with them to make reservations for entertaining Hershey, PA, activities.
Address: 161 Museum Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
6. Explore the Fresh Market at the Center of the Town
The indoor Fresh Market is located in the town center. It is a multistory building with vendors selling fresh vegetables on each floor. The market is open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m.
- The Fresh Market has over 40 vendors.
- Moreover, the store is spread across 25,000 square feet.
- It is guaranteed to please tourists looking for a local experience.
- There are also charcuterie, bakers, and other vendors.
- Freshly made breakfast, lunch, and evening meals are served by various vendors.
- They provide everything for every taste, from soups and burgers to full-course feasts.
7. Beat the Summer Heat at the Boardwalk
In 2007, Hersheypark celebrated its 100th anniversary with a massive addition that featured The Boardwalk. As the best summertime attraction for families, the water park is located inside Hersheypark. There are currently 15 splash rides available.
The water park is included with a Hersheypark ticket. It is only open throughout the summer. You can visit it from Memorial Day until Labor Day weekend. There are several fun rides for adults and children. Popular ones are:
- Bayside Pier
- East Coast Waterworks
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster
- Coastline Plunge – Hydro
- Coal Cracker
- Coastline Plunge – Surge
Note: Pets on a leash are permitted on the trail system.
8. Hershey Trolley Works: A Unique Attraction
Hershey Trolley Works has been offering enjoyable tours for almost 30 years. You may try a lot of chocolate while sightseeing. The five tours are as follows:
- Historical Trolley Tour
- Original Trolley Show
- Trick or Treat Trolley
- Holly Jolly Trolley
- Sweet Lights Trolley
The Original Trolley Show is recommended by the company for families with children. It is a theatrical performance that tells the tale of Hershey. The theater experience lasts around 45 minutes.
Otherwise, the Historical Trolley Tour is the best option for weekend sightseeing. The conductor will tell you about the town’s history. The session ends with yummy chocolates.
Address: 101 Chocolate World Wy, Hershey, PA 17033
9. Go On a Hike With Your Pet to Boyd Big Tree Preserve
To escape the town line of Hershey, drive for 26 minutes to Boyd Big Tree Preserve. This nature reserve provides outdoor things to do near Hershey, PA, such as hiking. This lovely area has no man-made development, thus the environment has a raw ambiance.
- This preserve features a 12-mile trail network.
- All of the paths vary in difficulty, ranging from simple to challenging hiking.
- Since the majority of the trails are interconnected, it is preferable to spend the entire day exploring them.
- You can choose a trail based on your hiking abilities.
Address: 401 Fishing Creek Valley Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
10. Laff Trakk Coaster for Adventurous People
The first indoor glow coaster in the country is the Laff Trakk coaster. This family-friendly house of jokes transports riders on a fascinating journey. They have fascinating visuals and sounds, including a dizzying hall of mirrors.
It can be an enjoyable addition to the town’s activities. Combine this ride with other Hersheypark classics. You can buy a ticket for the park and access other rides as well. Take the entire family to see the wonderful displays over the holidays.
Address: 100 Hersheypark Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
11. Devote an Entire Day at Adventure Sports In Hershey
Adventure Sports is a family entertainment facility. It is located only minutes from the key Hershey landmarks. It is set on 10 acres of lovely scenery and has a lot to offer. This park provides fun for the whole family, including miniature golf, go-karts, and a video arcade.
It also has batting cages, bumper boats, outdoor laser tag, and a cafeteria. It even boasts a lit, twenty-acre golf course with twenty-four training stations. The area is equipped with a sand and chipping area. You may even make an appointment with a golf coach for expert guidance.
Address: 3010 Elizabethtown Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
12. Visits the Founder’s Hose: High Point Mansion
Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore High Point Mansion. It was Milton and Catherine Hershey’s beloved home. Everything is magnificent, from the beautifully curved entranceway and breakfast room to the spectacular windows with stained glass and a high ceiling.
- This historical structure was designed in the Greek and Colonial styles.
- The mansion is an elegant building with spectacular elements.
- Admire the house’s many original pieces of furniture and antique decor.
- Learn about the Hershey family in their lovely house.
- On some Saturdays, you may find guided public tours.
- These tours last around 60 minutes.
Address: 100 E Mansion Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
13. Catch Show at Hershey Theatre and Admire the Architecture
From the minute the doors open into the Hershey Theatre’s lobby, the majesty of the architecture and craftsmanship is obvious. The beautiful theme of the theater can be seen in the orchestra. It is the major segment of the auditorium.
- Venice’s great style is the main highlight and attraction for visitors.
- Several winged lions are prominently displayed all around the theater as well as on the stage.
- A 90-minute walking tour highlights the major details of this historic masterwork.
- Even now, the theater showcases several award-winning performances.
- So reserve your spot for the performance.
Note: If you have a large group, you can enjoy special discounts on tours.
Address: 15 E Caracas Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
14. Kayaking on Swatara Creek
Swatara Creek is a popular outdoor adventure destination for both couples and families alike. So, you can plan such unique things to do in Hershey, PA, over the weekend.
The stream offers a pleasant ride. The entire stream is shaded by the banks.
All of this beautiful landscape, along with the creek’s flow and connectivity from a variety of locations, makes this an ideal place for beginners. You will travel through various historical places on your kayaking course. You may bring your fishing equipment to stop by the fishing spots.
15. Engage in Various Activities at Giant Center
Hershey is known for its concerts and other entertaining activities. Giant Center features celebrity performances like concerts, family events, and ice shows. It also hosts a hockey club and several state championship competitions.
- Beginners as well as figure skaters will love their time at the center.
- From October to April, it is available to the public for ice skating.
- It even provides bulk discounts on tickets.
- The tickets must be for the same day, hour, and seat placement.
- The discount is often offered for groups of 15 or more.
- So, gather your friends and schedule your next performance here.
Address: 550 Hersheypark Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
16. Sunday Brunch at The Mill
The Mill has been one of Hershey’s best restaurants since it opened in 2014. Their kitchen is dedicated to making the most delicious food from scratch possible. They attempt to employ high-quality products supplied by local farmers.
- They provide an extensive lunch and dinner menu.
- In addition, children can select from a customized menu.
- As a result, it is ideal for families.
- Their award-winning beverages are flavored with fresh herbs and fruits.
- It is ideal as a family restaurant for lunch or dinner, or a happy hour when with friends.
Note: There is a special Sunday brunch menu.
Address: 810 Old West Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
17. Crossroads Antique Mall for Souvenir Collectors
As a collaboration of hundreds of antique vendors, Crossroads Antique Mall is a haven for vintage item hoarders. They all have joined hands to offer a shopping experience for locals as well as tourists.
Their mall is filled with furniture pieces, vintage collectibles, and old toys. It also has an excellent collection of local artifacts. It is surely a unique place to visit in Hershey, PA.
You are welcome to view their wonderful assortment and purchase some souvenirs. The assortment of pottery and vintage decor will leave you speechless. Make a point of purchasing gifts for your loved ones from here.
Address: 825 Cocoa Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
18. Hershey History Center has Things to do Near Hershey Park, PA
Since 1991, the History Center has been dedicated to preserving and promoting local history. It has around 50,000 items and photographs. Discover the history of the early explorers and the local community.
Exhibits on display include:
- History of the Hershey Transit Company & trolley system
- Before There Was Chocolate…There Was Stone
- B’ars to Bears: A History of the Hershey Bears
- Beyond Band of Brothers: The Legacy of Major Dick Winters
Through such exhibits, you can learn about regional facts. They also hold activities throughout the year. Among these are:
- Annual Preservation Gala
- Holiday Train Show
- La Festa Italiana series
- Hershey Artfest
Address: 40 Northeast Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
19. Hershey’s Chocolate World
Another notable chocolate-themed landmark is Hershey’s Chocolate World. It clearly provides a variety of enjoyable chocolate-related pastimes.
Visit the avenue for a free guided chocolate tour. You may even watch a 4-D movie while sampling as many Hershey’s chocolates as you like. You can satisfy your peanut butter craving at Reese’s Stuff Your Cup.
Other fun things to see in Hershey, PA, include a bakery within the bounds of the chocolate world. There is a huge food court with a variety of foods and beverages. You may also make cookies, sundaes, and cupcakes at a dessert creation studio.
20. The Chocolate Avenue Grill: A Pet-Friendly Restaurant
The Chocolate Avenue Grill is situated in the center of historic downtown Hershey. They take satisfaction in their broad menu offerings and pleasant small-town hospitality. You may appreciate them for their modern metropolitan setting.
They provide both indoor and outdoor seating. On their outdoor patio, they even welcome well-behaved pets. Tacos and wraps, fresh salads, burgers, and sandwiches are all available here.
- coconut shrimp
- fried Brussels sprouts
- loaded Greek portabella
- chicken tenders and fresh fries.
Note: They even have a kids’ menu, which makes it an ideal place to eat for families.
Address: 114 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
21. Phillip Arthur’s Cafe: Order a Coffee or Scoop of Ice-Cream
Phillip Arthur’s Cafe has revolutionized fast-casual dining. They have established themselves as an elegant venue with timely service. They are well-known throughout town for their specialty coffees and ice cream selection. Hershey’s Ice Cream is on its extensive menu.
- Breakfast, lunch, and supper are all available.
- This café allows you to bring your own beverage.
- Their specialties are signature wraps and sandwiches, fresh waffles, brick oven pizza, and delicious salads.
- As it is associated with Fenicci, they only use the best quality and fresh ingredients.
Address: 108 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
22. Get More Adventurous at Falconry
Hotel Hershey offers a unique falconry. Guests of all ages get to engage in this one-of-a-kind opportunity. It is an interactive session with falcons, hawks, and golden eagles. It is definitely a fun thing to do in Hershey, PA.
- It features free-flight displays as well as a hunting simulation.
- You get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to hold these magnificent birds.
- It is usually held from November to April.
- You must, however, contact them to learn more about the arrangements.
Note: Visitors who are not guests of Hotel Hershey can also book the Falconry Experience.
Address: 100 Hotel Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
23. Gluten-Free Meal at Piazza Sorrento
Piazza Sorrento has been in business since 2008. They have authentic and excellent Italian food. Local and traditional Italian food is prepared with local ingredients, preserving the heritage of the dish. You will undoubtedly find something to your liking, from freshly made pasta to homemade sweet treats.
Fresh meatballs in homemade marinara sauce with garlic bread are a wonderful choice here. For your main course, try the steak and blue cheese Alfredo. Panna cotta, chocolate mousse, and ricotta cake are just a few of the delectable homemade sugary treats available. Furthermore, they are the best establishment in town to provide gluten-free food.
24. Devour Fresh Seafood at Devon Seafood & Steak
The best seafood and top-rated steaks are served at Devon Seafood and Steak. It is one of the top places to eat in Hershey’s. For excellent and distinct flavor, everything is grilled over an open flame (on wood).
- Every meal is expertly prepared by them.
- They pick the fresh seafood available from the morning catch.
- For starters, lobster bisque, oysters Rockefeller, and fried calamari are all classics.
- Devons’ famous Seafood Mixed Grill has shrimp, salmon, scallops, crab cake, and other seafood favorites.
- Finish with a traditional carrot cake or the best-selling Hershey’s Chocolate Velvet Cake.
Address: 27 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033
25. Fishing at The Winding Clark’s Creek
Hershey-Harrisburg is a region that has a number of gorgeous rivers, ideal for spending an entire day fishing. You’ll find some of the greatest places to cast a line, from broad open rivers to gentle creeks.
Clark’s Creek is a great location to relax and enjoy some outdoor activities. This beautiful creek is a long and meandering stream with stocked steelhead and wild brown trout. Despite the hot summer months, fishing is a popular activity here.
Moreover, Harrisburg is located just 26 minutes away from the town. You must check all the things to do in Harrisburg for more stuff to do near Hershey, PA.
Address: 366 Ft Adams Pond Rd, Woodville, MS 39669
26. Do Some Work at Cocoa Beanery
In the center of Hershey Lodge, Cocoa Beanery sells ice cream, beverages, and sweets. Snacks and quick meals are available. They even offer specialty coffee, lattes, seasonal ice cream varieties, and the tastiest Hershey’s candy toppings.
- You may relax in the cafe’s comfortable atmosphere.
- Furthermore, their staff is welcoming and attentive.
- Visitors are welcome to the cafe even if they are not a guest at Hershey Lodge.
- You may also catch up on work remotely with the free WiFi.
Address: 325 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033
27. Self-Guided Tour of Downtown Hershey
Downtown Hershey is home to the majority of the major tourist attractions. Major museums, galleries, parks, and much more may be found here. The downtown streets are lined with interesting restaurants.
In the evening, you may stroll around the streets. Taking your loved one for a walk might be a romantic idea. You may then drop by a cafe for a little snack. Then you may go to whichever show you like. Finish your day in a downtown fine dining venue.
Address: 600 Clearwater Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
28. Surprise your Partner With a Package from Chocolate Spa at Hotel Hershey
By the end of the vacation, you might be tired or weary. The final thing to do in Hershey, PA, is to get a chocolate spa treatment. This one-of-a-kind spa will allow you to completely relax and rest in the lap of luxury.
- One such location offering the best treatment is the Chocolate Spa at Hotel Hershey.
- It is well-known for its selection of chocolate-themed facilities and services.
- You have the option to choose from multiple packages, like seasonal or signature packages.
- Surprise your loved ones with this unique spa package.
Address: 100 Hotel Rd, Hershey, PA 17033
Hotels to Stay in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Hershey is a popular tourist destination. As a result, there are several options for accommodation. Several locations provide premium services. Excellent service and a wide range of facilities can be found at Hotel Hershey and SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
People looking for a low-cost place to stay in town need not worry. They may always look for inns and hostels. Among these are
- Escape Inn Hershey
- Super 8 by Wyndham Hershey
- Comfort Inn Hershey
Hershey is a lovely town with a variety of activities that are guaranteed to spark your interest. Find free activities in Hershey to enjoy on a budget when you want to satiate your sweet appetite. You can venture outside of the town limits to experience activities in a natural setting. So, there’s something for everyone in this Pennsylvania town.