If you are planning for a slow-paced and relaxing vacation, then you can visit Joplin. Located in the southwestern part of Missouri City, it is a place that offers multiple attractions to visit and numerous activities to do. In addition to natural beauties, you will also find plenty of urban style options i.e. malls, restaurants, and art centers for your exploration. In simple terms, it is a perfect balance of urban living and natural attractions. Therefore, you should visit this place to know the activities and things to do in Joplin, MO.
So, let us get started!
- Grand Falls, Discover One Of Missouri’s Most Majestic Waterfall
- Cunningham Park – Search Park & Playground
- Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center (the National Audubon Society)
- Bonnie & Clyde’s Joplin Garage Apartment Hideout
- Joplin History and Mineral Museum
- Frisco Greenway Trail
- Joplin 44 Truck Stop
- Rangeline Antique Mall
- George A. Spiva Center for the Arts
Grand Falls, Discover One Of Missouri’s Most Majestic Waterfall
Located near the well-known Wildcat Park, the Grand Falls is a huge waterfall in Joplin Missouri. It is around 163 feet wide on Shoal Creek. This beautiful fall is one of the highly visited sites in Joplin at present.
Top reasons to visit the Grand Falls:
- This waterfall is quite scenic and undeniably the site that you should not miss out on.
- People visit here to capture natural Joplin MO attractions.
Things to do in Grand Falls:
- This is the best spot to capture mesmerizing cascade views. However, you will need to visit this place as easily as possible.
Address: 5685 Riverside Dr, Joplin, MO 64804, United States
Cunningham Park – Search Park & Playground
This is a memorial park that is fully dedicated to the volunteers and victims of the Joplin’s 2011 tornado. At this place, you will be able to know what happened that day. Besides, it has different memorials where you can learn about certain things.
Top reasons to visit Cunningham Park:
- Cunningham Park is not only a memorial park but it has a lot of things to offer.
- This is a well-maintained park with various amenities such as walking trails, playgrounds, a swimming pool, and a picnic pavilion.
- You can come here and spend some time with your loved ones if you are still looking for what to do in Joplin, MO USA.
Things to do in Cunningham Park:
- You can relax here as it has a facilities-packed park. Apart from this, you can go and explore the Volunteer Tribute Memorial, Victim’s Memorial, Butterfly Overlook, and Children’s Memorial.
Address: W 26th St &, 2409 S Maiden Ln, Joplin, MO 64804, United States
Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center (the National Audubon Society)
To explore nature and wildlife at its best, you should visit Wildcat Park. It is maintained and protected by the National Audubon Society. This park offers plenty of seasonal and exotic flora and fauna to enjoy with amazing wildlife.
Top reasons to visit Wildcat Park:
- Avid nature lovers should visit this park as it is surrounded by wildlife and plants.
- It is a perfect spot to capture unmatched natural beauty. We are saying this because the trails of this park are littered with forests, wildflowers, a waterfall, and some eye-pleasing river views.
Things to do in Wildcat Park:
- It is one of the nicest nature places to visit in Joplin. When it comes to the activities and things that you can do here – you can explore nature and wildlife, and feel them better.
Address: 201 Riviera Dr, Joplin, MO 64804, United States
Bonnie & Clyde’s Joplin Garage Apartment Hideout
In case you are in the search of some historical landmarks, this place should be at the top of your list. The Bonnie & Clyde’s Joplin Garage Apartment Hideout is the most infamous place due to a couple. Actually, there was a couple that used to hide out after every robbery. The story may thrill you. So, it is one of fun things to do in Joplin, MO.
Top reasons to visit Bonnie and Clyde’s Joplin Garage Apartment Hideout:
- The history of this place dates back to the 1930s.
- You may feel that it is just an apartment. But when you step in, you will get to learn about various things.
Things to do in Bonnie and Clyde’s Joplin Garage Apartment Hideout:
- You can tour the apartment and take some nice photographs. In addition to this, you will also see some informative signs here. You can check them to learn more about this place and its importance.
Address: 299 W 34th St #201, Joplin, MO 64804, United States
Joplin History and Mineral Museum
When visiting with your kids to Joplin, you are suggested to take them to the Joplin History and Mineral Museum. This is one of the leading museums that focus on educating visitors about the local history along with the wide collection of minerals.
Top reasons to visit the Joplin History and Mineral Museum:
- It is said that Joplin has had an extensive yet colorful history.
- To take a closer look at the same, you can visit this museum.
- Here, you can also see various minerals and rocks that are a crucial part of the mining history of this city.
Things to do in the Joplin History and Mineral Museum:
- This is a fantastic museum where you can go and spend some time learning about the interesting local rocks and minerals.
Address: 504 S Schifferdecker Ave, Joplin, MO 64801, United States
Frisco Greenway Trail
In the whole of Joplin, the Frisco Greenway Trail is the most beautiful one. It is around 3.5 miles long. If you are searching for a peaceful and less trafficked trail, then it could be your best option.
Top reasons to visit the Frisco Greenway Trail:
- This trail is just perfect for bikers as well as joggers. In addition to this, the well-maintained roads of this trail allow you to enjoy other activities such as skateboarding, walking, running, etc.
- Lastly, you can also view beautiful scenery while enjoying your time here.
Things to do in the Frisco Greenway Trail:
- As mentioned above, the Frisco Greenway Trail is an ideal option to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Here, you can enjoy walking, biking, jogging, running, etc.
Joplin 44 Truck Stop
Another fun thing to do in Joplin, MO is visit one of the biggest gas stations cum convenience stores in the city. Yes, we are talking about the Joplin 44 Truck Stop. Even though you will not find anything “significantly” historic here, it will definitely provide you with a unique experience.
Top reasons to visit the Joplin 44 Truck Stop:
- It is a terrific place to visit, particularly when you are enjoying a road trip.
- With more than 40 restaurants and cafes, you can try delicious dishes and beverages here.
- In addition to this, there is a gift shop and convenience store wherein you can buy items of your needs.
- Lastly, there are private showers and laundries that you can use by paying some bucks.
Things to do in the Joplin 44 Truck Stop:
- To add more fun, try delicious snacks, and relax for some time, you should visit this place.
- You can also go to the Super Truck Showroom to see the gigantic trucks placed on display.
Address: 4240 Highway 43, I-44, Exit, 4, Joplin, MO 64803, United States
Rangeline Antique Mall
If you want to buy some antique furniture and items, then no other option is better than the Rangeline Antique Mall. This is more like a shopping complex where you can have hundreds of unique antique finds.
Top reasons to visit the Rangeline Antique Mall:
- Whether you want to buy antique items or simply want to see them, the Rangeline Antique Mall is the answer to all your concerns.
- It offers various items, right from beautiful furniture options to ornate collectibles.
Things to do in the Rangeline Antique Mall:
- It is a must-visit place to shop for antique items. In Joplin, this place has gained a reputation. So, it is good to visit this place at least once.
Address: 3421 N Rangeline Rd, Joplin, MO 64801, United States
George A. Spiva Center for the Arts
This is a must-visit place for those who appreciate the artwork. In addition to exploring its beautiful art gallery, you can also enroll in the art classes offered by the center.
Top reasons to visit the George A. Spiva Center for the Arts:
- Anyone who is a fan of artworks and willing to experience the local arts should visit this center.
- In addition to this, the George A. Spiva Center for the Arts exhibits new works regularly. Hence, you will see something better and new on your every visit.
Things to do in the George A. Spiva Center for the Arts:
- You can learn about the local arts. In case you are here with your kids, you can enroll them in the art classes that are held by the center.
Visit here for more travel experience:
- Things To Do in Columbia MO
- Things To Do in Kansas City, Missouri
- Places to Visit in Missouri
- Things to do in Branson MO
Please keep in mind that it is just an indicative list of places to visit and things to do in Joplin, Missouri. You can prepare your own list based on your interest, time of visit, budget, and other factors in mind. Irrespective of your preferences and choices, one thing is sure – you will be going to have the most memorable trip ever.