LATAM Airlines is a well-known carrier due to its safety regulations. It is a Chilean airline that has been operating flights worldwide with its contemporary fleet. The carrier’s fleet comprises cutting-edge models of Airbus and Boeing. These are equipped with many advanced safety features. Its fleet is the main reason for its secure operations in multiple locations in its network. In addition to this, there are several other reasons why LATAM Airlines is safe. These reasons comprise certifications given by authorities, ratings by important bodies, reviews from fliers, etc. Flying with this airline, therefore, provides a sense of reliability to fliers.
What is the LATAM Safety Record?
It is notable that LATAM Airlines has strong safety records. These records are devoid of major accidents that have resulted in a loss of lifes, greater harm to belongings, etc. However, some incidents have happened in recent years but have not involved alarming consequences.
In November 2022, Airbus A320neo collided with a fire engine at Jorge Chávez International Airport while taking off. However, no passengers were injured and the plane was repaired.
- The airline has improved its safety aspects, following such incidents.
- Strict training for aircrew is ensured, as observed on the basis of LATAM safety records.
- Its security protocols have contributed to its impressive security track record.
Is LATAM a Safe Airline to Fly to Different Destinations?
For traveling to destinations located worldwide, LATAM is considered a secure airline. It has its main hub in Santiago, Chile, from where the airline operates to many domestic and international locations. It adheres to all international safety regulations while flying to such routes.
- LATAM flies to more than 100 destinations in over 20 nations.
- On all routes, it has established a comprehensive safety management system.
- With proper security, the airline operates to nearby destinations such as:
- Internationally, it provides risk-free flights to the US, Oceania, and the Caribbean.
How Safe is LATAM Airlines’ Fleet?
LATAM Airlines has a fairly secure fleet. It consists of modern Airbus and Boeing aircraft models. Airbus A319-100, Airbus A320neo, Boeing 787-9, Boeing 767-300ER, and more are operated by it. All the aircraft comprise security features like emergency slides, life vests, weather radar, etc.
- These planes are regularly maintained and inspected for unsafe components.
- LATAM is a safe airline that keeps retiring old airplanes and updating its fleet.
- Such airplanes are kept clean and ventilated for passengers’ well-being and good health.
Is LATAM Safe for Children Traveling Alone?
For children traveling alone, LATAM Airlines is safe to fly. It provides an unaccompanied minor program for them, ensuring supervision until children are handed over to guardians. The carrier prioritizes its security with a range of practices.
- For security-related reasons, kids under 8 years old can’t fly alone on LATAM flights.
- Children between the ages of 8 to 12 years can opt for unaccompanied travel services.
- These kids are safeguarded by airline professionals and are given the necessary care.
- Minors are given seats at the back with special arrangements for better supervision.
Is LATAM Safe and Certified?
This airline is secure to travel which is reflected from the various certifications it has achieved. LATAM got accreditation from several authorized travel organizations including the FAA. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has approved the carrier as safe because it follows stringent measures developed by this body.
- Also, LATAM holds certifications from IATA Operational Safety Audits (IOSA).
- As per IATA, the carrier meets global security standards.
- These safety protocols of FAA/IATA and the airlines’ actions include:
- Maintaining cargo security
- Optimizing fire and rescue service
- Preparedness to handle a crisis
What are LATAM Safety Ratings?
LATAM has achieved top-tier ratings from numerous aviation authorities for maintaining secure flight operations. Overall, the airline has received a 6/7 safety rating. This excellent score demonstrates its compliance with strict security guidelines. These recognitions and ratings highlight why LATAM is a safe airline.
Is LATAM Airlines Safe According to Reviews?
For some passengers, LATAM is a secure airline. Hence, the reviews are positive. For others, however, the airline can offer higher levels of safety. For this reason, the nature of some reviews can be considered negative.
Acknowledgment Gathered by the Airline:
LATAM Airlines is secure as the carrier has maintained international standards. They have been maintained due to the best protocols put into place. Due to the following as well, positive reviews have been collected by this carrier:
- Passengers acknowledge the airline’s crew which ensures a safe journey.
- They have praised secure services at the airport like baggage, check-in, boarding, etc.
Areas of Concern While Flying with Latam:
Largely, LATAM Airlines are safe but require managing some concerns, as reported in customers’ reviews. They have shown dissatisfaction with delayed safety checks and discomfort during flights.
- Additionally, the carrier needs to improve cleanliness on certain aircraft.
- Some of them believe that better security protocols are needed on long-haul flights.
LATAM is one of the world’s safest airlines. It is a fine choice due to its strict security standards, fleet, and remarkable safety records. The carrier is accredited by the FAA/IATA and has excellent ratings too. Its positive reviews bring confidence in passengers to travel with LATAM.