When choosing air travel from Denver Airport to commute, a passenger must understand several aspects. Among all, it is critical to know that a TSA or security check is an essential step that needs to be cleared before departure. Since every airport has its own policies, one should know about the Denver Airport security wait times. Keeping the comfort and convenience of travelers in mind, DIA Airport has tried to keep this duration as short as possible. However, the same may vary as per the TSA rules over time. Hence, passengers need to learn about the same to avoid any delays on the travel day.
What is Security Wait Times at Denver International Airport?
When talking about the latest regulations for DIA security wait times, it is different for each checkpoint. All travelers are advised to make the best use of the Denver Airport’s primary checkpoints. These can be used for standard screening as well as TSA PreCheck.
Average Wait Time at DIA Airport
When it comes to the average wait time at the security checkpoints of Denver Airport, it may vary, depending on the time a passenger is arriving. Based on the same, the average wait time at the Denver Airport for security checks can range from 3 to 30 minutes for different passengers
The same has been tabulated below.
|Average Wait Time on Most Days: 7 Minutes|
|Timing||Approximate Wait Time (in Minutes)|
|4:00 A.M. – 5:00 A.M.||8.6|
|5:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.||29.8|
|6:00 A.M. – 7:00 A.M.||8.3|
|7:00 A.M. – 8:00 A.M.||12.7|
|8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.||7.3|
|9:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.||15.3|
|10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.||5.8|
|11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.||10|
|12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.||7.7|
|1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M.||3.1|
|2:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.||16.3|
|3:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.||2.4|
|4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.||5.5|
|5:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.||14.3|
|6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.||13.5|
|7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.||0.1|
|8:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.||22.8|
|9:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.||14.2|
|10:00 P.M. – 11:00 P.M.||5.7|
|11:00 P.M. – 12:00 A.M.||20.1|
Timing for South Security Checkpoint
Denver Airport has multiple security checkpoints and each of them has a different timing for screening. Among all, the South Security Checkpoint is the primary one. Therefore, all travelers must know screening timing and other aspects beforehand.
- Opening Hours: Usually, it is available 24/7.
- Standard Screening: For this type of screening, there are multiple lanes.
- TSA PreCheck: The TSA PreCheck timings are observed between 4:00 A.M. and 5:45 P.M.
- CLEAR Customers: This is a lane that is dedicated to clearance after the standard screening.
North Security Checkpoint Timing
Just like South, there is yet another primary checkpoint that passengers can make the most out of. In relation to the Denver Airport security line wait time at the North checkpoint, the opening hours are limited. Also, this security checkpoint is specifically dedicated to TSA PreCheck.
Some more details have been given here to ease the security screening process:
- Operational Hours: This checkpoint is available for a limited period between 4:00 A.M. and 7:45 P.M. only.
- Standard Screening: A limited number of screening lanes are observed here.
- Premier or Premium Lane: Screening can be done on a priority basis at this checkpoint.
- CLEAR Customers: It is dedicated to customers who are after TSA PreCheck is cleared.
Note: Since the checkpoint is open for a limited period only, a traveler may need to wait even longer.
Timing for A-Bridge Security Checkpoint
At the A-Bridge security checkpoint, only standard passengers will be allowed. However, before they arrive at this checkpoint, they must collect some important details about it, particularly related to the opening hours.
- Open Hours: It is available only from 4:30 A.M. to 5:45 P.M.
- Standard Screening: Passengers can come here for standard screening only.
- TSA PreCheck: There is no lane for TSA PreCheck services.
DEN Reserve at A-Bridge Security:
DIA Airport’s A-Bridge security checkpoint has a newly introduced program known as DEN Reserve. As of now, it is available at this checkpoint only. It lets the fliers reserve a specific time for screening at their convenience. However, it should be executed between 5:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
What IDs are Needed During Security Check at the DIA Airport?
While getting screened, travelers are required to have identification proof. Hence, in addition to Denver Airport security wait time, they should also collect details about the IDs or documents needed to successfully clear screening.
Due to COVID-19, it is mandatory to bring real IDs according to the latest announcement of the Department of Homeland Security. Further, a passenger will need one of the following to fly within and from the United States when at this airport:
- State-issued enhanced driving license or EDL
- A driving license
- Any other acceptable ID issued by the government
Note: This “REAL ID” rule at the airport security checkpoint is for travelers aged 18 years and more.
Global Entry at Denver International Airport
At Denver Airport, a special entry allows pre-registered travelers to avoid the long TSA wait time. This is the global entry program. Under this, the US Customs and Border Protection program expedites the screening and clearance processes for low-risk fliers when they enter the United States.
However, members of this program must keep a few important points in mind before availing of the benefits:
- It is a biometric identification process.
- Only 5 minutes will be required to complete the process at the kiosk centers of DIA.
- This program is specifically designed for frequent global passengers.
- The facility is available at the Jeppesen Terminal’s Level 5.
Important Security-Related Points to Remember
When a traveler knows the security wait times of Denver Airport, several processes can be eased. However, it is important to keep in mind that the wait timings may vary depending on the passengers’ flow at the airport.
But before passengers go to the Denver Airport’s security checkpoint, they must learn a few important points. In relation to checkpoint locations, baggage guidelines, etc., some of these points have been discussed here:
- The airport has a total of 3 security checkpoints.
- This includes South Level 5, North Level 5, and Bridge Security Level 6.
- Each bag and vehicle is subject to security checks.
- No bags will be left unattended.
- Unattended bags will be destroyed or confiscated by the airport authorities.
- Every suspicious activity or item should be reported to the personnel of DIA.
How to Connect with DIA Security TSA?
At DIA or Denver Airport, security agents or personnel can be contacted directly. The airport has several dedicated windows to address and resolve the queries of the passengers but the duration for the same can vary.
These professionals at the airport can be approached for security and TSA-related issues in the following ways:
- Contact Number: (866) 289-9673
- Email ID: ContactCenter@tsa.dhs.gov
Keep in mind the work hours of the security departments for timely assistance:
- Working Hours on Weekdays: 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.
- Business Hours on Holidays and Weekends: 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
The security wait times at Denver International Airport differ as per several aspects but are easily manageable. The airport has multiple checkpoints for screening that are open most of the time. One of the checkpoints is also available 24/7 to manage the crowd effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
The average wait time at the airport is 7 minutes. However, it may change as per the passenger flow.
A traveler can show a driving license or other government-issued ID at the checkpoint.
There are a total of 3 screening checkpoints at this airport.
Passengers can call (866) 289-9673 to know the wait times.
The longest wait time is between 5:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. which is around 30 minutes.
ContactCenter@tsa.dhs.gov can be used to send emails to know the average wait times at DIA.